Tuesday, January 13, 2009

We love & miss you Grandma Eileen

As part of our bedtime routine, I say prayers with the kids and have pretty much said the same things since they were born (with some additions and the occasional shortened version) but we always sing "We love & miss you Grandma Eileen, but we're going to be good sleepers" (we also sing this for Grandpa Appleton)

Anyway, on some nights during our prayers Keira & I have some extra dialogue, here are just two of our conversations:
Me: Where is Grandma Eileen?
K: in Heaven
Me: That's right she's your guardian angel
K: Yeah, & Isaac's & yours & daddy's & papa's & ... (she lists our entire immediate family and sometime throws in a few extra people, but I'm sure my mom doesn't mind)

Me: Where is Grandma Eileen?
K: in Heaven
Me: What do you think she's doing up there?
K: umm, maybe reading the newspaper or something

Then after we got back from our Santa Maria trip after Christmas, my dad made a chicken and rice dish that my mom use to make. While we were eating my dad said, "Grandma Eileen use to make this dish" and Keira replied without hesitation "maybe she's making it in Heaven" How sweet is that? That girl and the things she says I wish I could carry around a tape recorder.

Hard to believe Keira is going to be 3 tomorrow. While I miss the fact that my mom can't be here in person to watch our kids grow, I'm happy that she is looking out for my sweet girl and my little man. I know she is smiling and laughing just as much as we are and I know she is proud of their accomplishments!

WE LOVE & MISS YOU GRANDMA EILEEN!
WE LOVE & MISS YOU MOM!

No comments: