Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Isaac!

Our little man is 1 today...where did the time go? Neither one of us slept well last night maybe we were both remembering the crazy labor & delivery we had-literally born 5 minutes after I arrived at the hospital :o) As many of you may recall, I went through my entire pregnancy convinced I was having another girl and very happy about that (I already had a little girl, I only grew up with sisters, girls were all we had in our immediate family) So after Isaac was born and I asked "what is it?" (I know I could have phrased it a million different ways, but again, look at the note above re: labor & delivery, I was not in my right mind) and the nurse said "boy!" I couldn't help it when I said "NO WAY!" and then promptly lifted up the blanket to double check. I was shocked and thrilled to have a baby boy (not to mention relieved to know that Bryan and I didn't have to debate a girls name).

Everywhere I go, people ask me "Is he always that happy?" And I have to admit that 98% of the time Isaac is a very happy guy. It's hard to explain but I think you do love boys and girls differently (each with all your heart, but somehow different). I have a different bond with Isaac than I do with Keira as am sure Bryan does as well. I am thankful for the happy, healthy babies we have and can't imagine life without them.

Isaac was up early and Bryan had to work at 3am, so he hung out with me in bed laughing and playing with the radio, then we headed to the playroom. Once Keira was up, we made Blueberry Waffles for breakfast and then headed over to the Outlet Mall for KidsPlay. The kids had a great time and both loved "Mother Goose" and her songs, stories and magic. Mother Goose and all the kids sang happy birthday to both kids and Keira made a magical cupcake appear with 3 taps of the magic wand and Isaac got a balloon dog which he somehow managed to un-twist so it looked like a head and some front legs.



After lunch & naps, it was off to Keira's gymnastics class (although Isaac gets to play a little too and seems to love it), then home to decorate cupcakes before meeting family & friends at Barro's for a pizza party at the "pizza place" as Keira calls it. The Powells and Huddleston/Albert clan were all there along with the best neighbors and friends we could ask for, the Steinkes and the Prices. Thanks everyone for celebrating our little man's big day!

Our little cupcake decorator. She has a sweet tooth like mommy!

My 1st Birthday...YEAH!

"Is this how you do it?" Isaac checking in with Keira to see how she eats her cupcake

YUMMY! I think he'll have a sweet tooth too! He kept signing for more when he was done

They both received lots of great presents, thank you everyone!

Keira-3, Tyler-5, Aaron-5, Kory-8

Aunt Connie & a tired Keira (it was a late night and time to go home)

Orlando, Hailey-3 months & Diana

Nicole, Logan-2, Jeremy

Andrew, Anabelle-6 months, Amy & AJ-2 (and wanting the Thomas the Train toy)


Here is a look back at Isaac's first year! We love you Bubba and can't wait to watch you grow!

No comments: