Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Whether you voted for Barack Obama or not, this was indeed a historical day for our country and also for our kids since this was the first Presidential Inauguration of their young lives. Keira actually sat and watched some of it asking who people were and then left for the playroom, but I had her & Isaac with me as Obama took his oath (see photo below) and explained that he was the President of the United States. Keira said "oh, well why don't we go there and take a picture of him" as if it was that easy.

Hailey's 1st Inauguration...she was excited :o)

Following all of the Inaugural events, it was time to make lunch. Keira wanted to watch me grate cheese so I put her up on the counter top, where she has been dozens of times before and all was going well until she decided to move (I still don't know what she was trying to do) and leaned forward taking a head first tumble towards our tile floor (her feet were up on the counter as well in a side sitting position). All I could do was grab her leg and pull up to keep her from hitting the floor and then reached down to grab her chest. My heart was racing and she was crying. Once I calmed her down and made sure I didn't hurt her leg, I told her "no more kitchen counters that could have been no bueno" and she said "yeah, I could have cracked my head open and had to go to the hospital." I said thank goodness Grandma Eileen is your guardian angel and she said "yeah, she's my friend and I think she was pulling my leg too." I have no doubts that my mom was in the kitchen with us.

What an exciting day!

No comments: