Monday, January 12, 2009

Hello 2009

New Year's Eve we headed over to Mitch & Michelle's (of course) to ring in the New Year (well we celebrated with NYC at 10pm and then went home). We had dinner, the kids played, Michelle made chocolate chip cookies (with a little help) and Keira & Addison watched "Beauty & the Beast" before attempting their first sleepover (well not really a sleepover but a sleep together for about an hour) Michelle & I took the girls upstairs and got them in Addison's princess bed and said our good nights. Everyone thought Keira was going to be the trouble maker but they have a video monitor that Mitch hooked up to a small TV and we watched, listened and laughed hysterically as Addison harassed Keira. Poor Keira just wanted to sleep and Addison was trying to talk to her, sing to her, jump on her. The moms decided to go upstairs and break it up before a "fight" broke out. Keira ended up sleeping in Matthew's crib and Addison was fast asleep as soon as she had her bed to herself. Here are a few photos from the night.

Adding chocolate chips or eating them? I know what Keira was doing...

Loving the cookie but intently watching the movie

The boys were enjoying the movie just as much as the girls. I guarantee, 3 years ago neither one of them imagined knowing the words to any "Beauty & The Beast" songs (and they do know the words)

Isaac ringing in the new year...

Best Friends


Before the ball dropped in Times Square



New Year's Day
we headed to the Phoenix Zoo and had a great time. Keira & Isaac's favorite exhibits were the Orangutans and the Elephants, although I think she also liked the Rhinoceros (she said his name was Cheryl...don't ask me why) I have some cute video I need to post but have to upload from our new digital camcorder first.




Mitch, Matthew, Michelle & Addison - we couldn't ask for better friends!

No comments: