Tuesday, January 13, 2009

SNOW DAY!!

Jan. 6, 2009 - Keira & Isaac's first trip to the snow - Wing Mountain in Flagstaff, AZ. Bryan had the day off so we decided to take the kids to the snow and Mitch and Addison were going to join us until about 10 minutes before we left and then Michelle decided she was "sick" and so she and Matthew joined us as well. We decided to carpool and had an interesting time trying to keep 4 kids entertained for the drive to Flag. We picked a good day to go, it wasn't too crowded and they got new snow the night before. It was a cool 31 degrees and really windy in parts but the girls had fun! Matthew & Isaac spent most of the time in the Suburban where it was warm and they were out of the elements but Isaac did have a sled ride with daddy. We did NOT have appropriate clothes for snow but made due with what we had. Keira stayed relatively dry despite a couple of falls off the sled - one with daddy and one with mommy. She even stayed dry enough that she didn't need the extra shirt I brought her which is a good thing since Addy got sick on the way home and needed a change of clothes. Keira did put dry pants on since her jeans were wet but literally took the pants off her body to give to Addy and rode home in her tights. Now that is a true friend!

Good thing we don't have anymore kids!

Isaac's first sled ride...

I'm not sure he liked it

Keira trying to stay warm

She liked to pull her sled back up the hill

Mommy & Keira having fun. I was planning to make a quick trip (so I didn't put my jacket or gloves on) to see how she was doing and ended up sledding with her. I was freezing but we had fun and I'm glad I did it!

Daddy had Keira even made their way to the top of a pretty big hill. Wish I could have seen it. Here they are at the beginning of the day.

Isaac & Daddy right before we left. He was in a much better mood after warming up in the car.

This was Keira's outfit for the ride home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a terrific time! Thanks for sharing!