My dad and his friend JoAnn made a trip last weekend to bring us "stuff" that we left at the house. JoAnn's daughter Ashley let dad borrow her truck so he could get everything to us (I think he should quit his job at Disneyland and have a moving business) They didn't get into town until about 5:30am on Saturday with enough time to sleep for a few hours before the kids woke up and made too much noise. JoAnn was in the bonus room, which apparently was freezing cold (sorry) and dad slept on the new couch. Keira woke up about 8:30 and was on her way to our room, when she must have spotted Papa on the couch and so the early conversations started. Of course she was thrilled that Papa was "home" and I could tell dad was just as excited to see the kids.
Keira decided to put on her big jacket so she could go outside and help unload the truck. Dad was laughing so hard he started crying (look at the first picture in the slideshow) After unloading the truck, we made our trip to Cracker Barrel so dad could get his "mama's french toast breakfast" fix, then it was back to Anthem to run some errands and finally we headed out for Sedona.
It was a beautiful day in Sedona and Keira loved climbing on the red rocks and getting her pictures taken. She was even trying to direct her own photo shoot trying to tell dad how to sit. It was quite funny. We then headed to the chapel up in the red rock, a must see if you are ever in Sedona, then it was off to dinner at Javalina Cantina (another of my dad's must haves if we go to Sedona)
After dinner we went over to a light display at Telaqapaque. It started off pretty boring and had us wondering if it was worth the $6 fee but as we kept walking it was pretty amazing and the kids had fun. It was cold, but a little hot chocolate made it all better!
Sunday was going to be Keira's day to make Christmas cookies with Papa but what was going to be a quick fix of the garbage disposal ended up being a huge project which included replacing the silly thing, so Keira and Isaac made cookies with mommy with the occasional encouragement from papa. I must say they turned out pretty tasty!
The saddest part was when they were leaving...Keira suddenly "wasn't feeling well" and couldn't give Papa a hug goodbye, so as they pulled out of the driveway she waved and blew kisses but just as they got out of site she turned to me, burst into tears and said "I thought Papa was staying" It broke my heart but we'll be back in Fullerton for Christmas.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That looked like a fun time!
Thanks for sharing!
Carole :)
That was awesome! I love the song you chose. I almost cried (definitely choked up) when I read what Kiera said about Papa staying. I really liked the slide show. I am going to have to be a copy cat.
Post a Comment