Monday, August 10, 2009

Keira's Swim Lessons~Summer '09

Well Keira took Level 1 swim lessons at the Anthem Community Center and did great the first week (no crying, playing with the other kids on the steps, and asking to go back) The 3rd class, they actually went off the diving boards. I was over in the water park with Isaac and Bryan came to get me. She had already done it once and did it one more time for mommy to see. Of course I didn't have the camera because I never thought they would do it the 3rd class...she didn't do it again so it's an image Bryan and I will have to remember.

She had 3 instructors~Mr. Craig (her favorite), Ms. Brittany, Ms. Kinley. One day we were walking away from the pool and Keira wanted to say goodbye to the teachers who were getting ready to start another lesson. She walked to the edge of the pool twirling her hair and said "bye Mr. Craig, thank you" while waving, then blew him a kiss. The 2 female instructors were cracking up and Bryan and I just started laughing because we weren't expecting it. When we got to the van, she asked "why was everyone laughing when I said bye?"

As the weeks went on, Keira became a little unsure of the whole process. She would get in position to do whatever they were asking her and as they would count to 3 her hands would suddenly wrap around the instructor's neck and the tears would start. I could hear her saying "step a little closer". It even got to the point that she was picky about who she would go out with. She would only go with Mr. Craig the last few sessions. He was really patient and did a good job!

Here are some photos from her last day of swim lessons.

Ms. Kinley, Keira and Ms. Brittany

At the waterpark the last day of class...

Her favorite (and I think her first crush) Mr. Craig


This video is more for Keira to watch, but feel free.

No comments: