Monday, July 13, 2009

Time Heals?

Today marks the 4 year anniversary of my mom's passing. Hard to believe! So much has happened in those 4 years that I wish she could have witnessed in person but I know she is watching us from Heaven. They say "time heals"...I'm not so sure I believe it 100%. For me, I think it gets harder as the kids get older. Keira knows Grandma Eileen is in Heaven and can pick her out if she is looking at pictures. We talk about her and we wonder what she is doing in Heaven. Today Keira thought she was watching owls :o) If she was, I'm sure my grandma Finnegan was right there with her (my grandma LOVED owls and had them all over her house) right after we moved back to AZ, we had one in our backyard and Bryan and I both said, "That's Midge coming to check on us"

Keira and I sang our "We love and miss you" song to my mom this morning, I let her have chocolate milk at breakfast in honor of my mom, I asked her what movie she thought Grandma Eileen would want to watch with her if she were here and she said "Mary Poppins" (which was a good call) and then changed her mind and said "Aristocats, she hasn't seen that one in a long time" How right she is.

Before we watched the movie, I had to send an email and then she decided she wanted to send one to Papa and then for the first time said she wanted to send one to Grandma Eileen in Heaven. So she did and it was the cutest thing ever! It was my dad's reply that had me in tears (I'm glad I read it once before I read it to her) and after I read it to her she said she wanted to sing Grandma's song one more time and started singing and changed the words up a bit. I asked if she would do it again so I could put it on tape and she said "ok" (which surprised me because she usually won't do things for the camera if you ask)

So here is her song to Grandma Eileen with the words changed for today's occasion.

2 comments:

Monkey Mom said...

I can't believe how grown up Keira is. That is a great song. Thanks for sharing.

Marivel said...

I find it gets harder with age too. It'll be five years this October for my dad and it seems as though it's been 3 months. I think of all the things I'd like to share with him that would make him proud. But mostly, like you, I think how he won't be here for my kids...if I'm ever lucky to have any. I love you and miss you!