The goopy eye started Sunday afternoon and by bedtime was really a mess. Of course she woke up Monday crying and I knew one of her eyes must be gooped shut. We headed to the doctor and sure enough he diagnosed pink eye in both eyes, ordered an eye drop prescription and told us to wipe the goop with warm water and wash our hands constantly. I know how contagious it can be and was worried about Isaac getting it.
I had a feeling the eye drops were going to cause some drama but surprisingly the first few times...not a big deal. Then by Tuesday morning the tides changed and the drama to even get her to lay down for the drops was worse than the actual drops themselves. I tried Bryan's theory that if you put the drops in the corner of her eye (even if it's shut) it will roll into her eye. Well that didn't work because by Thursday I felt like it was worse. I called the doctor again and they prescribed stronger drops and now we had to put 2 in each eye...what was he trying to do? Kill me? But the new drops worked and by Friday morning the goop had basically disappeared from KEIRA'S eyes but who started having goopy eyes?
You guessed it - Isaac. Great! Just when I got through with a hellish week it was about to start all over and how do you tell a 1 year old to keep their hands out of their eyes, not touch everything and keep their hands washed. This was going to be just as fun. I called the doctor and they said to just give him the same drops so at least we were spared a trip to the office. Actually he was better about the drops because I could get him to look up at the fan and drop one in real quick, but I did have to keep his hands under my legs so he wouldn't rub his eyes right away.
So after 7 days of drops all is well or at least I hope! Here's praying it doesn't come back anytime soon!
Here's a picture of her poor goopy eyes. She's holding up her Princess Aurora doll that she got after being brave a few times. It wasn't all bad with the drops, eventually she was reminding me that they needed drops and tried to make a game out of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment